We constructively supports the entire development process in the field of forming sheet metal parts in the automobile sector, and also in other branches of industry.
Whether this involves a graduated transfer or progressive die, structural or visible parts, thin or thick sheet metal, the IPMA know-how is used throughout the world.
The aim is always to design and secure in principle a producible component geometry – from the aspects of costs, quality and process security.
- Development of basic methods
- Preparation of manufacturing concepts
- Checking the producibility
- Development of component changes for producibility
- Materials implementation and sequencing the blanks
- Press testing
- Production time optimisation (e.g. multiple manufacture, part in part manufacture
- Illustration of investment costs
- Change management
- Draw design development and variants
- Blank optimisation or processing
- Sequencing the blanks
- Optimum materials implementation
- Creation of CAD – method plans (2D and 3D)
- Creation of the strip layout for progressive die
- CAD – flow examinations
- Installation space examinations
- Cut analysis
- Examination of all forming processes
- Spring-back analysis
- Batch optimisation (materials saving)
- Support of the die design
- Checking tooling design in line with customer guidelines
- Change management
- External and visible parts
- Structural parts for the bodywork, platform and also chassis and axles
- Transfer (mechanical or by hand) and progressive die
- Cold forming
- Sheet metal from softest to the hardest of all sheet thicknesses
- Catia V5
All information on the IPMA service area Engineering is available here as a PDF download: Engineering.pdf
Volkswagen AG (Wolfsburg)
Feasibility analysis, concept methods, forming simulations, 3D-draw design, method plans, flow examinations and process optimisation for various projectsVolkswagen de México S.A. de C.V.
Volkswagen de México S.A. de C.V.
Bettle NF Coupe & Cabrio
Feasibility analysis, concept methods as well as checking the die design for approx. 150 components in the projects Beetle NF Coupe & Cabrio
Adam Opel AG (Rüsselsheim)
Producibility examinations for various components and projects under the 4 tooling operations premise
SKODA AUTO a.s.
Feasibility analysis, concept methods and forming simulations for various projects