14. April 2021
Especially in the automotive industry, IT security as well as IT risk management is an important requirement that car manufacturers place on suppliers and business customers today.
More and more automotive manufacturers are therefore demanding TISAX® approval from their partners.
This assessment is standardized, graded into three protection classes according to individual requirements, and includes all security-relevant processes and procedures in the companies. These include IT security with data protection assessment, communication with external suppliers and service providers, prototype protection, and emergency plans in the case of security breakdowns.
In addition, particularly critical information within the supply chain must be secured via an information security management system (ISMS). TISAX® is based on the catalog of ISA (Information Security Assessment) requirements of the German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA).
Since July 2020, we also work according to TISAX® and can support you and your company with our experience in security management and prepare you for TISAX®.
- Kick-off with management to define the starting point and agree on objectives:
- When is the audit date coming up and what is the timing and approach?
- What Tisax level must be achieved and what are the consequences?
- How much of its own capacity does the company want to involve in the process and who is responsible?
- Conduct a gap analysis to determine the status quo of the company:
- Comparison of the requirements catalog with the current company situation.
- Derivation of the fields of action and creation of a catalog of measures.
- Preparation of a detailed schedule for the implementation of the required measures.
- Implement the necessary measures and prepare for the audit:
- Implementation of the defined measures including impact monitoring.
- Preparation of the required documentation.
- Training and instruction of employees as well as audit preparation.
- Inspection by an accredited inspection service provider and registration on the TISAX® platform.
- If necessary, corrective measures are required subsequently in the case of deviations
For more information, please download our flyer: